Covid-19 Protection Framework – Traffic Light System
- Customers will be required to scan in on arrival using the NZ Covid Tracer app. Hand sanitizer is provided and you are welcome to wear a mask during the briefing if you wish. For safety reasons, we do not encourage mask-wearing while kayaking.
- Our Kayak Tours start and finish from a public reserve at Hahei Beach, a space we share with other beachgoers. There are families, swimmers, sunbathers, dog walkers, and many others coming in close proximity to our meeting point. We also stop at Cathedral Cove halfway through the tour. Cathedral Cove is the most famous beach on the Coromandel and is a very popular public attraction during the summer months. For these reasons, customers are not required to use the My Vaccine Pass verification when checking in at the start of the tour.
- We are minimising close contact by encouraging our customers to make enquiries by phone or email. Reservations can be made online up until 30mins before the tour commences. Our phones are open from 7am – 8pm and our outdoor office can be found on Hahei Beach where our kayaks are located (follow Hahei Beach Road all the way to the carpark at the Hahei Beach, walk on to the sand and we’re 50m to the right). We are not always at the beach office so phoning is the most reliable way to contact us.
- We are following the current government guidelines and recommendations while operating during Covid-19. We are very fortunate that our activity is conducted outside and physical distancing is very realistic throughout. Our guides will be wearing masks when necessary including when preparing tea & coffee at Cathedral Cove.
Additional measures are…
- No staff or customers are allowed to work/kayak who have COVID-19 symptoms (for more details on COVID-19 symptoms/prevention, visit: https://covid19.govt.nz
- Contact tracing measures in place.
- Physical distancing for staff and customers – keeping 1m or more distance from others.
- Extra hygiene and cleaning practices in place to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of staff and customers.